Sunday, March 29, 2009

cake class 6: flower basket


everyone was happy with our outcomes of this week's class, the flower basket. we learned a basket weave. it looks rather complicated but was actually easy-ish. the lady who owns kake kreations said she had never seen anyone do the basket weave as fast as all six of us were doing it. we used the flowers we made last week and the ones some of us made during the week as supplemental flowers and made our baskets full of flowers cakes. very springy i think. it was a hard cake to screw up and even those os us with ugly flowers were pleased with the results of all the flowers piled on top. i only wish there was a basket handle. otherwise, i think this cake is the best so far. next week we are learning the basics of fondant. there is an entire 8 week fondant course so i guess this class will help me decide if i think it is worth taking the whole class. fondant makes really cool cakes but it tastes so disgusting!


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love it! I can't decorate a cake to save my life... maybe once I am done with home renovations I will have to take a cake decorating class! Love you friend! Let me know when you'll be in kansas next and you'll have to come see my house! love you lots

Send gifts to pakistan said...

Nice one!!