Thursday, January 1, 2009

its gonna be a happy new year

this is the part where i get all reflective about the past year and make resolutions about 2009...

i met or mostly met all my goals for 2008.

i wanted to run an entire 5k which i did in may during my third race. all in all i did 4 5ks, a 10k, and a triathlon this year. not too shabby for a girl who hates running!

i wanted to use all recyclable shopping bags for groceries. we did this about 75% of the time, and all the plastic or paper bags i got i used again for something. so we definitely wasted les when it comes to grocery bags.

i wanted to be off all medication by the end of the year. well im not but i only take 1/4 of what i was takinga t the beginning of the year and i am hoping that by renewing my efforts at sticking to my eating plan i can stop taking it completely.

which is a beautiful segueway into my goals for 2009:

1. by the end of the year i want to be able to do 5 "man" pushups in a row, do the splits, and beat my pr in a 5k. a weird trio but it will improve upper body strength (have you seen my skinny arms?), flexibility, and keep me running when i dont want to. theres no one better for me to compete with than myself.

2. by the end of 2009, i want to be off all medication for colitis. part of this goal includes my renewed efforts at sticking to the makers diet and looking into other supplements.

3. my dream goal is to end the year in a different state than i started it in (new hampshire hopefully!).

we had a great and relaxing time at ryan and kims house last night to celebrate the end of 2008 and beginning of 2009. i will be posting vacation pictures/blogs over the next couple of days.

No comments: