Friday, August 3, 2007

a day to rejoice

it is very easy to make me happy. most of you know this. little things get me excited. like when jeremy shows up to pick me up 5 minutes before 5 instead of 5 minutes after. or when my bodd writes me a thank you note. or when kimmy gives me magazines. or when lottie and i chat all day on gmail chat.

so it should come as no big surprise that the los angeles public library redesigning their website would throw me into spasms of joy. now i can browse best seller lists and onto my holds list... oh no i cant get into the library to pay my fines (which i rarely have if ever, just so you know) thats okay i can pay online. oh the wonderment.

today at school the seventh and eighth graders put on a play that they wrote, rehearsed for and made the sets for (with minor adult supervision and guidance). guns drugs gangs and thugs... the play was about choices people make and how their lives can turn out different by making good choices instead of bad (cassie, erica can i get an amen?). it had a christmas carol-like ghost (the ghostly eagle or something) that visited these kids in jail and let them rewrite history. it was very poorly performed (they read and mumbled most of the lines) but they were so joyful on stage and the audience was respectful and everyone was great. if you know the type of kids at my school, you will know this is a big deal. and i almost cried at the end. it was just so great. then they had kfc and i snuck a biscuit with honey. talk about the little things making a person happy. rapture!

!m!

No comments: