Wednesday, September 12, 2007

tax dollars at work...

now i am not trying to say that the lovely people at valley plaza branch library are incompetent. and i am sure that the nashville librarians are perfectly competent too. but when two people, half a continent apart, are having the same problem, im thinking... what are my tax dollars going for anyways?

the thursday before we left for phoenix, on the way home from work, i dropped off some books (one of which i knew was going to come due over the holiday weekend) and picked up some books i had on hold. when we got back i went again, probably on tuesday or wednesday. they said i had a book overdue - the book i had made a specific trip to the library to return... i said "no this cannot be!" and since the people all there know me pretty well and see me all the time, they believed me. so they sent out their little search messages to the branch the book belonged to and scoured their own shelves. no luck - the book is still mia. i looked again at home thinking maybe i made a mistake, but we all know that was silly, as i do not make mistakes. so now i have ablack mark on my library record until this is resolved. i hate that!

anna doesnt like her black mark either. what is with these people????

!m!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok-- you have NEVER had a black mark at the library. you just wouldnt take that chance. these people need references??? there are many libraries across the country that have done business with you and can vouch for your perfect library record. loveyoubabye

Anonymous said...

Solidarity sistah-the New River library here said I owed them $30 for a book they said was "presumed lost". So I schlepp down to ask a question or two cause I know I returned the dang thing and I'm at the counter trying to explain to the woman that their version is-nay-HAS to be incorrect and I turn around and the book is literally ON THE SHELF behind where I'm standing!!!! I only knew that cause I knew they had only 2 copies of this book. So I pull them both out and ask them to scan it and I was right!!! I didn't want to get all icky with them, but inside I'm feeling redeemed and totally superior, so I just waited while they removed MY black mark and my $30 lost book charge. Oh the humanity...