Tuesday, August 17, 2010

book review: infinite days

infinite days
rebecca maizel

from the back: I release you Lenah Beaudonte. Believe... and be free.
Those were the last words I could remember. When I awoke, I immediately felt a cold surface on my left cheek. An icy shiver rushed down my spine. "Rhode!" I screamed. He had to be here. There would be no world without Rhose. A door somewhere near me opened and closed. Rhose loomed over me but he was a blur. Even in the haze of that moment his icy blue eyes pierced me, down to my soul.
After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah Beaudonte, with the help of the handsome Rhode, has been able to realize the dream of all vampires - to be human again. Now, as a raven-haired, sixteen-year-old, Lenah believes her greatest challenge is fitting in at her new school. But the challenges have only begun. The vicious coven Lenah once ruled is threatening the newfound pleasures of her human life, including the one guy who makes her feel most alive, Justin. Can this ex-vamp survive in an alien time and place or will her past come back to haunt her...forever?
In Infinite Days, Rebecca Maizel rewrites the rules of blood-sucking eternity with this fresh and edgy debut novel, the first in a sizzling new YA series.

my review: what i really liked about this book was the different take on the vampire legend. often vampire books have heros or heroines who change their human counterparts into vampires but theis had a vampire who just wanted to be a normal person. she gets her wish at the beginning of the novel, meets a nerdy guy who becomes her best friend and overthrows the entire social order at the preppy boarding school where her guardian, Rhose, has placed her. She was asleep for the prior century and has to learm about computers, cars and the whole works of the 21st century. By the end of the book, Lenah is forced to make some hard choices and figure out what her true priorities are. I enjoyed this novel and, after the cliff hanger of an ending, can't wait to read more in the series!

No comments: