Saturday, May 10, 2008

i did it!!!

i ran the whole 3.1 miles! my final time was 29:18. i felt amazing when i finished for so many reasons. first, since it was a race to support research into womens cancers (breast and ovarian specifically) all of the women who were running that were cancer survivors had specials hats and signs that they wore. out of the 45,000 or so runners and walkers, there were a ton of survivors. it was great to see them all out supporting each other and their friends who are still living with cancer.
secomd, the end of the race had us running into the coliseum (where sc plays their home games), through the tunnel, and onto the field. i felt like a real athlete.
third, i ran the whole thing by myself. normally when i run by myself i can only run about half as far as when i am running with kris. she had to work today so she couldnt run this race with me. my miles werent quite as fast as when i run with her, but considering that at our race last weekend the farthest i could run was almost 2.5 miles and this week i ran 3.1 i feel great. also since one of my new years resolutions was to run an entire 5k i can now check it off the list.
I DID IT!
!m!
ps shout out to jeremy for driving me and navigating through the messy parking while i walked really really fast to make it to the starting line in time for the race only to find out that they were running about 30 minutes behind schedule. but he is amazin for coming to all my races thus far and being our official photographer. love him!

No comments: