Friday, February 15, 2008

yogalicious

two things i learned at yoga tonight...

one thing is she kept reminding us to observe ourselves and not judge ourselves. that is really good advice. she was referring specifically to observing our breath and ability to be "in" the pose but i think it translates well into daily life. like when i want to say something negative i can observe that part of myself and stop it, without judging myself for wanting to do it. or oserving my body in the mirror instead of judging it. not an easy task. when i focaus on the parts i like and not as much on the parts i wish were different, not just of my body but of my life, life in general is much better.

i was thinking about another thing that was witty and clever and going to make everyone laugh but i dont know what it was any more.

i do know that my hips are very open right now. that firelog pose'll get you every time!

also i remembered the other thing, but it isnt nearly as clever as i wish it would be. there were more boys than girls in class tonight, which has never hapened as far as i know in the history of yoga, or at least in my 4 month hostiry of yoga sometimes on friday nights at la fitness. i didnt really learn anything i guess - i was observing, and trying not to judge all the really unflexible (inflexible?) guys and admiring the two guys in the front who were yoga monsters and more bendy than the teacher.

i think we will FINALLY finish watching the grammys tonight. took us long enough!

!m!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was totally thinking those same thoughts at yoga the other night! Although, I'm usually the one who is falling over in tree pose all the time... I have no balance.